Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Angel Identity

Through the freeway
Across the ocean
On numerous sleepless nights
I carried your heart with my broken wings
And
I thought that it was His will
Let an angel carry another
Into the sky
Away from those dark nights and sorrow

Was I good enough for the task?
I was not sure
But once for a while
You proposed to carry my heart
Making me believe
that we were flying in the sky

But the journey seemed to go circle
Communication failure and lying
lack of trust and betrayals never walked away
You told me you were not an angel
I asked Him if I were an angel

For the first time in years
I listened
And
realized
I never had enough strength
To fly, to carry

All these years
A real angel has been there
Carrying me and whatever I thought I was carrying
And He has never abandoned me